Friday, May 2, 2014

Treat yo self! It's Affogato Friday baby!!

I know everyone is so busy.  It is sometimes a chore to take a moment from our hectic lives to really enjoy and savor a moment by ourselves or just having a conversation with our kids after school.  I don't mean in passing...I mean really engaging in  a conversation no matter how crazy your kid's story becomes.  Just enjoy it. Or...you can always take a moment before they get home without any mom guilt and just do something that you want to do.  Get your nails done, or read a book.  Some days my alone time just means really appreciating that I was able to use the restroom without having to fuss or open a box of crackers (while on the toilet) for my two year old.  Anywho...I encourage you to take a moment and treat yourself.  I usually have a cup of tea during the week...but on Friday my treat day it has been all about the Affogato.  Coffee and gelato mixed together..yes please!!

This is how I roll out my Affogato.  I use my Bialetti moka Express Stove top espresso maker.  I am a purist when it comes to my coffee.  The Bialetti is where it's at in my book.  So brew up some strong hot coffee and grab your favorite mug or small bow.  Today I used the Talienti Carribean Coconut Flavor gelato.  Scoop a bit of the gelato into your cup and then pour the hot espresso right over the gelato.  I usually fill it up until it hits the mound of gelato about half way up in your cup.  You can always add a shot of amaretto or maybe some kahlua too.  Do whatever floats your boat babe..it is your moment.





 http://www.bialettishop.com/MokaExpressMain.htm

No comments:

Post a Comment