Tuesday, July 1, 2014

Sweet and salty Ice Cream Sundae

My entire family recently went to Disney World and one of my favorite Disney snacks was the All American Sundae from the Plaza Ice Cream Shop.  I do not like desserts that are terribly sweet and this was a great mix of sweet and salty.  So great...that if my child decided to dip his spoon in my cup he may draw back a nub.  The Plaza Ice Cream shop makes their sundae with vanilla and chocolate ice cream, hot fudge, peanut butter drizzle, whipped cream and a cherry.  It is so good y'all I have seriously been thinking about it for three months now.  I took matters into my own hands and made my own version of the All American Sundae.  Oh and we eat pretty clean around my house but sometimes you just have to let loose....like with the super awesome ice cream sundae and the magic shell topping oh how I love it so!!

Ultimate Peanut Butter Sundae:

Chocolate Ice Cream
Magic Shell chocolate topping
Peanut Butter Sauce (recipe below)
Marshmallows
Whipped Cream
Cherries

Assemble and devour!

Peanut Butter Ice Cream Sauce

1/2 cup peanut butter (organic it will make you feel better)
1/2 cup karo corn syrup
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 tsp unsalted butter
pinch of kosher salt

Mix the peanut butter and corn syrup in a sauce pan on low heat until smooth and then stir in the salt, vanilla and butter.


If you are feeling lazy and do not feel like cooking peanut caramel sauce...scoop some chocolate ice cream ( rouses brand chocolate is my favorite for this sundae) and then break up a waffle cone...sprinkle over the ice cream, sprinkle of kosher salt and a splash or seven of Grand Marnier.  Boom....you have a sweet, salty and boozy sundae.

No comments:

Post a Comment