Thursday, May 1, 2014

Parenting and the "F" word

 a href="http://www.bloglovin.com/blog/12203119/?claim=6qavpmng8yy">Follow my blog with Bloglovin</a>




 I am the mother of three boys.  My middle son came home yesterday with some bad news from school...he has been using some spicy language.  I asked him which words he said.  He replied very quietly that he said "crap".  I am thinking is that it?  Before you get bent out of shape I do not want my 7 year old saying crap but the conversation with his teacher led me to believe that there was much more to his new found vocabulary.  He finally confessed that he had said the "B" word..you know female dog and the "F" word.  The mother of all curse words.  How could my sweet little angel be using such filth!!??? Well I suppose he may have heard it from me once or twice...I dunno...sigh.  Here comes the Parenting Hypocrisy at its finest. Son..you may not say those words.  You may not say those words fluently in sentence form until you are no longer living in my home.  Just because I say it or you may hear other adults saying it does not make it okay for you to say them.  But why??  I know it is running through his brain.  You just cannot.  Furthermore I expect you to gather a more intelligent vocabulary before to use brain cells to incorporate these words into your daily life.  That should be around the time you are 21 years old. I made him write each spicy word one hundred times each.  When I looked over to see his work...I had to leave the room because I suppose I have a sick sense of humor but the word "crap" written 100 times over and over is pretty hilarious.
Hopefully this will half way get it out of his system.  Who knows...I looked in the parenting handbook and they must have skipped that chapter ;)  I encourage all moms and dads out there to take what your kids do in stride and try to laugh (after you have addressed the issue of course) or you will just cry.  Be Strong Parents!

No comments:

Post a Comment