Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Trying to be a Skinny girl...but I really need my Margarita.

It is no secret that I love my cocktails.  Especially a cold crisp margarita on a hot day.  This is especially convinient since I live in South West Louisiana where is it hot 11 months out of the year.  So a good margarita recipe is very important.  As I get older I have become very picky about my margarita.  When ordering at a restaurant I usually ask if they use a mix and if it is I order a glass of wine instead.  Frozen and the color of a green popsicle...usually tastes just like a green popsicle.  I have also had some in a glass the size of a fish bowl that probably had 400 + calories....while it tastes awesome who wants to consume that in one drink.  I have tried the "skinnygirl" margarita and must say that it left me wanting to make my own margarita....so I did.  I hope that you decide to try it out for yourself and let me know what you think.   I also listed a recipe for what I call the Cajun Margarita because it is sweetened with Steens Syrup which is made in Abbeville, LA and I must say it makes a delicious drink.

Hilary's Version of the Skinny Marg

1 shot of Jose Cuervo Silver
juice of half of lemon
1 teaspoon agave nectar
Diet 7 up

Pour tequila into low ball glass.  Add agave nectar and lemon juice and stir.  Top off with diet 7 up and lots of ice. 


Cajun Margarita

1 shot of Jose Cuervo Silver
Juice of half of lemon
1 teaspoon of Steens Cane Syrup
Diet 7 up

Pour tequila in low ball glass.  Add Steens Syrup and lemon juice, stir.  Top off with diet 7 up and lots of ice.  Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment