Thursday, August 16, 2012

Starting new

Hello all!

Since my last post a ton of things have changed.  I now have a new baby boy that is now five months old and I am staying home with the kids full time.  Now that my boys are getting older their appetites are getting much bigger.  So, I have decided to utilize all left overs and clear out my freezer before I make any more purchases in the meat department and I will attempt to not purchase any mixes (i.e. pancake, cakes, cookies, brownies)  When we want them I will make them from scratch.  This makes me excited and overwhelmed at the same time.  With all of this being said Sunday morning rolls around and I usually make the boys a special breakfast...which means not eating cereal in my house.  Before my new stand on the homemade frontier this would have consisted of either bisquick pancakes or a refrigerated roll of cinammon rolls.  I decided to make pancakes and much to my surprise they were so much better than the mix that I was accustomed to and just about as easy.  I even threw in a litle bit of flax meal and the boys did not notice.  Here is my fluffy pancake recipe:

Sunday Morning Pancakes:

  • 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
  • 3 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
  • 1 teaspoon salt
  • 1 tablespoon white sugar
  • 1 1/4 cups milk
  • 1 egg
  • 3 tablespoons shortening, melted
  • 1 teaspoon vanilla
  • 1 tsp flax meal (optional)



  • Mix all ingredients together and I use a wisk to get all of the lumps out.  Heat a non stick skillet and use either butter or a non stick butter spray to coat pan...set to medium heat.  Pour in middle of pan and once the edges start to form flip and brown other side.  Serve with a pat of butter and your choice of syrup.  We like Cajun Power Blackberry syrup.  If you cant find this in your local grocery store check out the website:  C'est Bon!  .www.cajunpowersauce.com

    This is our newest boy Levi Alexander....by the looks of him he will be chomping on some pancakes very soon.

    Enjoy your pancakes with a cup of strong cajun coffee!

    No comments:

    Post a Comment